Wednesday 22 February 2012

High Five #6


Winter pressings (2005-2006)  - handmade paper bundles left under winter snow


Arroyo muds - books of earth and root


Roots arroyo (one-of-a-kind book of handmade paper, ink-jet print on kozo paper)


Cloud/Root/Paper (3 suspended handmade paper sculptures)

Language bound artists' books


A small selection of beautiful work by Mary Ellen Long.

A mixed media artist creating environmental installations outdoors and in gallery venues, she also makes artists' books and collage-assemblage. I hope you will find the time to explore her inspiring blog and links, rich in artistic discoveries and new resources.

A special find for me.
I will be following from now on.

via here & here.




5 comments:

  1. Oh que j'aime !! Poétique au possible !

    Belle journée,
    Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  2. A special find indeed... thank you for passing it on...!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is outstanding...I like it very much...so simple and nothing unnecessary added...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this work. I used to make a lot of collages and work with textures in my spare time. Finding this has given me the inspiration to find a moment to create again. All my creative energy seems to have been channelled into my blog.

    I never intended for K&C to be just a kids' design blog, I love art, textiles, design, photography... trying to slowly re-introduce those elements to my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts so please leave me a message and brighten up my day. Merci!